Your new Council Tax bill

Council tax bills for the year 2021/22 are due to be issued by Chichester District Council on Friday 12th March. Chichester District Council collects all of the council tax we pay, but only keeps around a 9% share of this to cover the services provided by the district council. The other 91% is then distributed to West Sussex County Council, The Police and Crime Commissioner, and parish councils to fund the services they provide. The portion retained by CDC will incur a rise of 3% and they will call upon reserves to make up the balance needed to protect vital services across the district. However, WSCC have announced that their share of our council tax will increase by 4.99% (the maximum allowed by the Government before a referendum would be required) which includes 3% being ringfenced for adult social care.