Perhaps a little surprisingly, West Sussex has been placed in the Local Restrictions Tier 2 High Alert Category as from 2nd December.
Although Covid-19 cases had remained relatively low throughout the year, numbers have been rising of late in the south-east as well as elsewhere and only three areas in the whole country were given tier 1 status.
The main features of the tier 2 category are as follows: –
- You must not socialise with anyone you do not live with or who is not in your support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place
- You must not socialise in a group of more than 6 people outside, including in a garden or a public space
- Businesses and venues can remain open (including non-essential retail and personal care services such as hairdressers etc.) but must follow Covid-19 secure guidelines.
- Pubs and bars must close, unless operating as restaurants and hospitality venues can only serve alcohol with substantial meals
- Places of worship remain open but you must not socialise with people from outside your household or support bubble whilst indoors there
- Community centres and village halls can remain open but cannot host certain social type events. Bury Parish Council are awaiting further clarification but are hopeful that some of the current hirers of the village hall can continue to operate
We would strongly recommend that you read the comprehensive government guidance note on tiers which can be found here.
These restrictions apply from 2nd December until 22nd December – the Christmas Bubble arrangements described in yesterday’s Newsletter will then apply from 23rd to 27th December – and the tier 2 restrictions recommence on 28th December until further notice. The situation will be reviewed by the government every 14 days which could result in areas moving up or down the scale depending on the Covid-19 position locally.
As a means of a quick reference guide to the tier 2 rules you might care to print off the poster produced by the government which can be found here. We will, of course, continue to update you on any further developments but in the meantime please keep safe and stay well.
If you need help with shopping or prescriptions please contact in the first instance: –
Fr. Peter Mallinson (Bury) 839057 or Ken & Diana Rowsell (West Burton) 831475