REVIEW OF TIERS
Following an alarming spread of coronavirus infections being driven by a new variant of the virus, London and much of south-east England has now been placed under new Tier 4 restrictions from 20th December. This applies to all 32 Greater London boroughs and the City of London, Kent, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Surrey (excluding Waverly), Gosport, Havant, Portsmouth, Rother and Hastings, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, most of Essex and Peterborough.
Among the measures for Tier 4, people should stay at home (except for work, education, essential shopping, exercise or medical needs) and they cannot mix socially indoors or in a private garden with anyone who is not part of their household or support bubble. Non-essential retail has to close in Tier 4
West Sussex remains in Tier 2 for the present – by way of reminder, the main features of which are: –
· You must not socialise with anyone you do not live with or who is not in your support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place.
· You must not socialise in a group of more than 6 people outside, including in a garden or a public space.
· Businesses and venues can remain open (including non-essential retail and personal care services such as hairdressers etc.) but must follow COVID-19 secure guidelines.
· Pubs and bars must close, unless operating as restaurants and hospitality venues can only serve alcohol with substantial meals.
· Places of worship remain open but you must not socialise with people from outside your household or support bubble whilst indoors there.
· Community centres and village halls can remain open but cannot host certain social type events.
CHRISTMAS BUBBLES– REVISED ARRANGEMENTS
The planned relaxation of rules for the Christmas period have been scrapped. For people living in Tiers 1, 2 and 3, the plan to allow Christmas Bubbles from 23rd to 27th December no longer applies and the meeting of up to three households indoors can take place on Christmas Day only-you cannot stay overnight beforehand or after- and you cannot include in your Christmas Bubble anyone from Tier 4. People living in Tier 4 areas can only celebrate Christmas with members of their own household or support bubble.
GETTING TESTED FOR CORONAVIRUS
If you have at least one of the coronavirus symptoms, i.e. a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss of your sense of smell or taste or it’s changed, you should arrange to get a free NHS test done in the first 8 days of having symptoms. You can book to visit a test site or you can order a home test kit (the kit must be ordered by 3pm on day 7). If you think you need to be tested you can do this via the NHS online site at https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/ If you do not have internet access then phone 111.
If you have symptoms you and anyone you live with must self-isolate, i.e. do not leave home for any reason until you get your result. This also applies to anyone in your support bubble.
As always, if you require help with shopping or prescriptions please contact:
Fr. Peter Mallinson (Bury) 839057 or Ken & Diana Rowsell (West Burton) 831475
Please note the parish clerk, Mike Simpson, is currently on annual leave so If you require any further information please contact email@example.com